Decision Maker: City Mayor (Individual Decision)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to show the position of the capital programme at the end of 2019/20.
1. Approve the carry-forward of resources into 2020/21 for work programmes where spend has slipped (£20.4m), as shown in Appendix B.
2. Approve the carry-forward of resources for unspent provisions as shown at Appendix C into 2020/21 (£0.4m)
3. Approve the addition of £700k for Haymarket House, car parks and lifts to be funded from corporate resources, as detailed in Appendix A, Estates & Building Services paragraph 2.1.
4. Approve the addition of £920k for Netherhall Pupil Referral Unit to be funded from the New School Places policy provision, as detailed in Appendix A, Children’s Services paragraph 2.1.
5. Approve the return of £1,388k HRA New Affordable Housing policy provision to HRA balances as detailed in Appendix E, Para 1.5.
6. Approve the addition of £250k for New Parks House to be funded from corporate resources.
7. Approve the addition of £3,787k to the Highways Maintenance work programme for 2020/21, following the confirmation of additional grant monies. The additional grant monies relate to an incentive fund, Welford Road and Emergency Active Travel Fund.
The Executive and Overview Select Committee receive a report on the forecast capital budget position regularly throughout the year (as well as an outturn report at the end of the year). Recommendations arising from this are often included within the report.
Publication date: 13/08/2020
Date of decision: 21/08/2020
Effective from: 29/08/2020