Decision Maker: City Mayor (Individual Decision)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to show the position of the capital programme at the end of 2020/21.
1. Approve the transfer of £1.7m from additional secondary school places to the schools’ capital maintenance work programme to fund the ongoing costs for the temporary modular buildings up to 2028.
2. Approve the transfer of £1m to Connecting Leicester from Pioneer Park Infrastructure, as detailed at Appendix A, Planning, Development & Transportation, Para 2.2.
3. Approve the addition of £850k to assist with the redevelopment of land at Stocking Farm and Southfields/Newry, to be funded with a contribution from One Public Estate Land Release Fund. The redevelopment is aimed at assisting with preparation of the land for building homes.
4. Approve the addition of £798k to Highways Maintenance, funded by DfT grant, Appendix B, para 3.6.
5. Approve the addition of £750k to Additional SEND places, funded from the underspend on additional secondary school places, Appendix A, Children’s Services, Para 2.1.
6. Approve the addition of £562k for replacement of cladding on the Phoenix Square building to be funded by grant from Homes England, as detailed at Appendix B para 3.19.
7. Approve the addition of £290k for refurbishment of Knighton Park and Evington Park depots, funded from the depot reserve.
Note: The decision taken did not meet the criteria of a Key Decision and was, therefore, taken as Non-Key decision.
The Executive and Overview Select Committee receive a report on the forecast capital budget position regularly throughout the year (as well as an outturn report at the end of the year). Recommendations arising from this are often included within the report.
Publication date: 03/06/2021
Date of decision: 03/06/2021
Effective from: 11/06/2021