Decision Maker: City Mayor (Individual Decision)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for Phase 2 at a capital cost of £1.94m which will improve facilities at Spence Street, Braunstone, and Aylestone Leisure Centres.
To release the £1m policy provision in the current capital programme and request a further addition to the programme of £0.94m to fund the proposed programme.
1. To approve phase 2 of the Leisure Improvement Programme at Spence Street, Braunstone and Aylestone leisure centres with an estimated cost of £1.94m.
2. To note, in addition, the recent government Salix grant approval (£213,676), for energy efficiency measures at Spence Street gym which will be co-ordinated as part of this scheme. Subject to completing the Salix work by March 2022.
3. To approve the release of £1m of policy provision for sports expansion in the current capital programme to progress the Spence Street scheme.
4. To approve an addition to the capital programme of £0.94m from corporate resources to fully fund the Phase 2 schemes.
5. To note utilising the National Leisure Framework to develop the Phase 2 schemes.
To progress Phase 2 improvements at 3 Leisure Centres.
Centres provide the most advantageous ROI.
Publication date: 19/10/2021
Date of decision: 27/10/2021
Effective from: 04/11/2021