Venue: St. Theodore's Church Hall, 2 Sandfield Close, Leicester LE4 7RE.
Councillors will elect a Chair for the meeting.
The Chair will introduce those present and make any necessary announcements.
The Chair and any other Councillors who are present will make any declarations as required by the Councillors Code of Conduct.
Councillor Cank, Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and led introductions.
Apologies were received from Councillor Singh.
There were no declarations of interest.
The Action Log of the meeting held on 20 June 2016 is attached and Members will be asked to confirm it as an accurate record.
The action log of 20 June 2016 was circulated and confirmed as an accurate record.
WARD COUNCILLORS FEEDBACK
Councillors will provide an update on ward matters.
Councillor Cank reported that:
· There was a lack of social housing in the ward and there were long waiting lists as well as issues with people living in under occupied properties who wanted to downsize.
ACTION: CEO to invite Housing Officer to attend next ward meeting.
· Heron Gate parking issues, the Golf Club had offered use of their car park to ease situation.
ACTION: Highways Officer to investigate concerns.
· There were concerns about a new build at the far end of the ward and its potential impact on the ward.
ACTION: Councillor Cank to seek further information from Planning Officers.
· Re: Northfields Primary School – bollards were due to be installed soon.
· Traffic Issues along Hastings Road, Victoria Road East and the junction between Victoria Road East and Gypsy Lane had caused a number of accidents.
ACTION: Highways Officer to investigate concerns.
· Huggetts Close – rubbish dumping
ACTION: City Warden to investigate/report to Environmental Health Agency.
TRANSFORMING NEIGHBOURHOODS SCHEME
An officer will provide an update on the Transforming Neighbourhood Service programme to include proposals relating to Northfields Neighbourhood Centre, Rushey Mead Library and Hamilton Library & Community Centre.
The Community Engagement Officer reported that: the council was reviewing the way local services operated in the North East of the City which included the community facilities in the following wards: Troon, Rushey Mead, Belgrave, Humberstone/Hamilton and Thurncourt ward.
It was noted that 1200 responses had been received for the initial consultation in June/July and from that a set of proposals had been developed which the council was now putting out for further consultation.
· Housing Office on Uppingham Road – suggest this is closed and the services moved to Northfields Neighbourhood Centre.
Residents were encouraged to respond to the consultation proposals before the closing date. Forms were available at local council buildings and online at the council’s website. More information could also be obtained by emailing: - TNS@leicester.gov.uk
ACTION: the outcomes of the consultation to be fedback at the next ward meeting.
TRAFFIC & HIGHWAYS UPDATE
An officer from the Highways Team will provide an update on issues relevant to the Troon ward, including Huggetts Close and future developments.
Robert Bateman provided an update on issues in the ward.
· Huggetts Close – layby works start 28 November 2016, intention to ease issues with parking, works to last 5 weeks.
· Hastings Road – repairs carried out to loose chamber/manhole cover
· 20mph zones across the Northfields area – currently being consulted on.
Concerns were raised including the following:
· HGV issues on Swainson Road/Braybrooke Road
· Parking issues on Braybrooke Road
· A business was parking its vehicles on opposite side of road rather than on its premises
· Heron Gate traffic and parking issues
ACTION: Highways Officer to note and investigate concerns raised.
LOCAL POLICING UPDATE
Leicestershire Police will be at the meeting to provide an update on local policing issues.
Leicestershire Police were not present at the meeting.
An update on Police issues in the ward to be provided to the next meeting.
CITY WARDEN UPDATE
The City Warden will provide an update on issues in the Ward.
Jethro Swift, City Warden advised that he had recently taken on the Troon ward and provided a short update:
· Gates to be installed in the following areas – Huggetts Close, Shearers Close/Trevino Drive
· Longhurst Close – community payback team arranged to clear the area
· Flytipping continued to be an issue in the ward and was being addressed
ACTION: City Warden to provide full report to next meeting.
Councillor Cank encouraged residents to use the Love Leicester app to report incidents to the City Warden service.
WARD COMMUNITY BUDGET
Councillors are reminded that under the Council’s Code of Conduct they should declare any interest they may have in budget applications.
The Community Engagement Officer will give an update on the Ward Community Budget.
To note the following applications had been considered since the last meeting:
Friends of Danbury Gardens – Application Not Supported
West Humberstone Gospel Mission – Grant of £617 Supported
Craven Youth Community Team – Grant of £750 Supported
Northfields Emerald Football Team – Application Not Supported
Northfields Primary School – Grant of £2,480 Supported
Ward Councillor Committee Spend to Winter/Xmas Parade – Grant of £1,500 Supported.
It was reported that the remaining balance in the Troon Ward Community Budget was £10,926
The Chair encouraged applicants to lodge their applications as soon as possible so that they were considered in advance of the next meeting. Applicants were advised that all applications should be submitted online and those for £500 or less would continue to be fast tracked.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Residents raised the issue of a recreation area/ball court for children in the Huggetts Close area.
ACTION: Meeting to be arranged between Councillor Singh and residents in Huggetts Close to discuss ideas for a recreation area.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To note: the date of the next meeting on Monday 13th February 2017 at a venue to be confirmed.
To note the next meeting will take place on Monday 13th February 2017 at 6.30pm.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 7.35pm.