Venue: Meeting Room G.01, Ground Floor, City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FZ
Contact: Laura Burt, Ward Community Engagement Officer (tel: 0116 454 1876) (email: email@example.com) Ayleena Thomas, Democratic Support Officer (tel: 0116 454 6369) (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
INTRODUCTIONS, APOLOGIES & DECLARATIONS
The Chair will introduce those present and make any necessary announcements.
The Chair and any other Councillors who are present will make any declarations as required by the Councillors’ Code of Conduct.
Councillor Chaplin, Chair for the meeting informed attendees of the purpose of the meeting.
Apologies were received from Councillor Master.
There were no declarations of interest.
Councillor Chaplin distributed notes regarding her views on several aspects of the Stoneygate Ward in relation to the Local Plan consultation such as; planning, licensing, housing, finance and health.
LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION
There will be a presentation and discussions around the Local Plan consultation in relation to the Stoneygate Ward.
Jeevan Dhesi and Elizabeth Logan (Senior Planning Officers) presented a PowerPoint presentation on the Local Plan consultation and potential proposals for the Stoneygate Ward. Topics discussed included; Key planning issues in the area, Potential development sites and Highways improvement.
Residents were given the opportunity to feedback on some of the proposals. It was noted that the feedback provided from residents at this meeting would be considered as part of the local consultation responses. Some of the points included:
· A resident requested that it was important to consider what was under the ground before new developments were planned, as it was reported that there were a few sink holes south of the railway station/ south of Conduit Street. Another sink hole was reported to be located at the top of Evington Road and a possible tunnel near Evington Road.
· Residents requested to see imaginative views for a library or community centre of some type from the existing buildings in the ward.
· It was requested that licensing and planning policies be put in place with clear guidance on the number of takeaways in one particular area. Furthermore, policies were requested to include guidance on waste/ disposal matters near takeaways.
· Concerns were noted regarding the breaking up of family houses into HMO’s.
· Several residents expressed the importance of keeping the allotments and the small green spaces.
· On the ‘Highways Improvement’ power point slide, Councillor Chaplin and residents requested further specific information from the Highways Team as to why the highways improvement lines on several roads in the Ward were required to be improved. The discussed areas included Conduit Street, Sparkenhoe Street and Mayfield Road, however the further information was noted as necessary for residents to be able to make an informed comment.
· Councillor Chaplin noted that a more robust policy/ a coherent plan was required for the development of back lands.
· It was requested that planning application reports were required to be more comprehensive and residents immediately adjacent to the plot should be consulted on the plans.
The Planning Officers provided guidance on how to access the local plan information and informed the meeting that this was the first stage of the consultation.
Residents were asked to submit their comments and opinions by 17 December 2017. It was noted that following residents feedback quotes for potential/ proposed developments would be acquired and an idea of land values.
If further advice was required the local plan team could be contacted on 0116 454 0085.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next Stoneygate Ward Community Meeting will be held on Tuesday 5 December 2017, 6pm at Sparkenhoe Community Primary School, Saxby Street, Leicester, LE2 0TD.
It was noted that the next Stoneygate Ward Community Meeting would be held on Tuesday 5 December 2017, 6.30pm at Sparkenhoe Community Primary School, Saxby Street, Leicester, LE2 0TD.