PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE
All matters within the Terms of Reference of the Planning and Development Control Committee are delegated to the Director of Planning, Development and Transportation under the Scheme of Delegation approved by the Committee.
Functions of the Committee
To exercise the powers and duties of the Council with regard to development control and to exercise all Non-Executive powers and duties as the Local Planning Authority and those Non-Executive Highways functions of the Council which are not within the remit of the Licensing and Public Safety Committee.
MATTERS RESERVED TO THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE:-
1. Matters of strategic significance relating to the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
2. To keep under review, comment and advise on policies proposed or made through executive powers.
3. To recommend to Council the making of bye-laws within the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
4. Making opposed regulations, orders, plans and schemes within the Committee’s terms of reference.
5. Such other matters as the Committee may from time to time reserve to itself for decision.
Support officer: Aqil Sarang, tel: 0116 454 5591 / Jacob Mann, tel: 0116 454 5843.
Leicester City Council
City Hall, 115 Charles Street
Phone: 0116 454 5591 / 0116 454 5843